The department has a plan to introduce different types of guest lecture with the help of area specialists. The department will request them to share their experience in demanding areas.
The department believes that the seminar is the way of understanding new knowledge. That is why; it has planned to conduct a seminar in current issue of the business. The department will motivate to the senior students for making successful the event through participation.
In academic world, the talk programme is the current way of gaining knowledge through experience. The department will manage a talk programme which will help to motivate students in specific area with the help of experience of successful people.
The department will also make a programme of field visit. The department believes that the field visit is the best way of gaining practical knowledge through watching and experiencing.
Report Writing and Presentation:
After field visit, the department will conduct a presentation programme, in which, the students have given responsibilities to prepare the report and present it.
MBS second year will have Industrial Visit, SPSS training, Writing Skill Development Training and Pre-orientation for Thesis writing.
Group Discussion & Presentation:
Students will be asked to participate in group discussion on relevant business management issues so that they can exchange their ideas and views to a solve current business problems faced by the market. Also they are asked to present conclusion drawn from the group discussion so that the leadership, communication and presentation skill will be enhanced among the students.
The department has also a plan to conduct different extracurricular activities. The students will get benefits to enhance their leadership style through this activity.
Conducted Programmes in Business Studies Department 2012-2013
The following programmes were conducted by the department.
• By Anil Shah, (CEO of Mega Bank)
• Kamal Gyawali, CEO of Kist Bank
• Pankaj Pant, Deputy Manager of Siddharth Bank
• Deep Pandey, CEO of Shikhar Insurance Pvt. Ltd.
• Thesis Writing guidelines by resource person for MBS students
• First St. Xavier’s One Day Fustal Tournament : A mini football tournament organized by MBS first year students altogether 27 teams (May 25, 2013)
• Business journal published by BBS Students ” STUNDENT MANAGERZ”
• Football competition organized by BBS third year students
• Speech competition among Business Studies Department students “financial market Situation” conducted by Mercantile Exchange Pvt. Ltd.
• Knowledge sharing by MBS First year students to the junior students (BBS).
• Industrial visit (4 Days) by MBS Second Year students for “Entrepreneurship Development” from 29th May,2013 to 1st June 2013 in the following places.
– Kamdhenu Cow Farm at Chayangali, Gorkha
– Sujal Dairy Farm, Pokahara
Extra Activities for the year 2015/2016
- 4th December 2015, Guest Lecture Dr.SumanRegmi for BBS II&III regarding Strategic Management
- 6th December 2015, Guest Lecture, Mr. MigmarLama(DIG from Nepal Police) for BBSII &III regarding awareness program about NaariBechBikhan in Nepal
- 15th December 2015,Presentation and Documentary BBS students regarding solidarity for poor helpless and those in despair in different place of Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur District.
- 15th December 2015, a motivational speech and inspirational speech by Mr. Raman Nepali to the students of Bachelor’s level.
- 3rd December 2015, Solidarity targeting for poor helpless and those in despair in different place of Kathmandu, Lalitpur and Bhaktapur District.
- A Talk ShowProgramme on April 26, 2016– addressed by three speakers viz. Dr. BishwambherPyakurel, the Professor and Economist for MBS and BBS students topic- Foreign Direct Investment, Mr. UpendraPoudel, the CEO of NMB Bank and The President of Nepal Bankers’ Association Topic- Banking in Productive Sector and Mr. Vidhan Rana, the CEO of Biruwa Ventures Topic- Scope of Entrepreneurship in Nepal.
- SPSS and Thesis orientation one week session from May 2 to May 8, 2016 for MBS second Year.
- 18th,19thand20th December 20165 Social Service Camp Chitlang, Earthquake recovery program BBS III year, Moderator Mr. ShailendraSimkhada, Mr. Satya Narayan Sardar and Mr Top Lal Panthi school SwachhandBhairabUcchaMa. Vi. Chitalng
- 11th,12th and 13th March 2016, Social Service Camp Chitlang, Earthquake recovery program, MBS 1styear,ModeratorMrShailendraSimkhada, Mr Prakash Sapkota, MrPremMahat and Mr. Top Lal Panthi
- 3rd December 2015, Solidarity targeting orphan kids at SafaltaSikshyaSadan (Baby Life Home) BBS 2nd year.( 52 students) Moderator Mrs. Angeela Pradhan and Ms. ShilpikaThapaliya.
- 14th , 15th, 16th & 17th April2016, BBS 2nd Year- Social Camp at Lama nagi School, Charikot and Kalinchowk, Earthquake recovery program.